Date: Friday October 29th, 2021
Time: 8:30 am- 4:30pm
Location: Stafford Township Arts Center, 1000 McKinley Ave, Manahawkin, NJ 08050
Ocean Mental Health Services in partnership with Stafford Township Police Department and the Ocean County Prosecutor’s Office
- Meghan Corrigan, LCSW Ocean Mental Health Services, Director of Marketing and On POINT Program Coordinator
- Renee White, Esq. FNP-BC, PMHNP-BC, RN, FN-CSA, Ocean County Prosecutors Office, Supervising Assistant Prosecutor
- Lieutenant James Haldenwang, Stafford Township Police Department, Services Division Lieutenant
Over years, law enforcement has been called upon to receive training and education on calls have been behavioral health issues and how to interact with and respond to community members who may experience a behavioral health concern. Great progress has been achieved to develop and create partnerships and programs for law enforcement and mental health professionals to collaborate and work together with great success. As the trend to build these partnerships continues, a missing element is assisting mental health professionals in understanding the structured training and duties of law enforcement officers, their unique culture and these experiences from their perspective. This course will provide detailed insight and awareness to the experience, training and perspective of law enforcement officers to assist mental health professionals in: working with and building partnerships with law enforcement, an understanding of compound trauma and how it impacts the brain and law enforcement specifically, how to effectively communicate with law enforcement inside the confines of HIPAA, useful clinical interventions for treating law enforcement officers.
This training is open to all mental health and social service professionals seeking a better understanding to law enforcement and building partnerships with them to better service our clients and communities. An additional fee is required for licensed social workers seeking continuing education credit upon completion of this training. Please see below for details.
A light breakfast will be provided buffet style. Participants will provide lunch on their own. A list of area eateries will be provided at conference to participants for the lunch break. Participants are welcome to bring a brown bag lunch.
Certificates will be distributed at the end of the workshop upon submission of a program evaluation. Participants must sign in and out. Participants may NOT be eligible for CEU’s if they are not on time and present for the entire workshop. No partial credit will be granted. For continuing education inquiries please contact Hope at Hfitzgerald@OceanMHS.org. Ocean Mental Health Services maintains responsibility for the program. For additional program information, questions, concerns feedback or refunds, or if you require special arrangements to attend this event, please contact Hope Fitzgerald 732-349-5550 ext. 717.
CANCELLATION/REFUND POLICY & DEADLINES
- If you notify us at least four weeks before a scheduled conference that you are unable to attend, you will receive a full refund. Notification received less than four weeks before a scheduled conference will result in a refund, less a $20 administration fee.
- If you are a no-show, no registration fees will be refunded. We encourage substitutions.
- Note: We reserve the right to cancel the event at our reasonable discretion. In the event of cancellation, registration fees will be refunded in full. We shall have no further liability.
REGULAR REGISTRATION OCTOBER 1 – OCTOBER 25 2021:
Please contact Ocean Mental Health Services at 732-349-5550 ext 717 with any questions approved for 3 clinical CEU’s and 3 social and cultural competence Approval# 213006-430