Family Crisis Intervention Unit
What is The Family Crisis Intervention Unit?
Support for Ocean County youth (ages 10-17) and their families who are experiencing significant challenges.
Our aim is to intervene in family conflicts at an early stage, preventing the need for formal or future legal involvement. Our primary goals are to enhance family well-being and strengthen youth community bonds.
The FCIU team evaluates the immediate family needs necessary to restore stability in crisis situations. We provide short-term, supportive family counseling and, depending on the identified concerns, connect youth and families to appropriate community resources for on-going support.
Is there a service fee?
No, there are no fees associated with any FCIU service provided.
Who Can Make Referrals
- Initial Crisis Assessment & Recommendations for stabilization
- Short-term counseling (typically 8-12 weeks)
- Service coordination, advocacy, and linkage to additional supports
- S.U.R.E – Substance Use Referral and Education
- Community Education sessions on relevant topics
- Station House Adjustments